The mission of the Citizens Against Physical and Sexual Abuse (CAPSA) is to provide safe, caring, and confidential shelter, advocacy, and support for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault; and to reduce incidents of abuse through prevention education.
We believe in individual worth. We believe a person in an abusive situation has the right to understand the options available and be in control of his or her own decisions.
We believe that individuals:
- Have the right not to be abused.
- Have the right to freedom from fear of abuse.
- Have the right to choose available options and resources.
At CAPSA we imagine a world with empowered survivors, safe homes, and children living without fear, and every day we work toward our ultimate goal of ending domestic violence in our community.
CAPSA has outlined nine values that we strive every day to instill in both our staff and our clients.
- Healthy communication
- Respect for self and others
- Independence and self-reliance
- Sacrifice and desire
- Forward thinking
- Compassionate empowerment
- Camaraderie and connectedness